Monday, January 4, 2016

The Comeback...

Hello to all of you lovelies! It's been a while (to say the least) since I've sat down to write--to really write. Work and life tend to get in the way. But I have decided a new year, a new mentality. Reading and writing are two things that I love--two aspects that have helped define and shape my personality. 
Image: thestockmandiaries.co.uk/inspiration/vintage-books

I like to believe that I am a rational, independent thinker; someone that can compartmentalize the day to day from fantasy. But at my core, I am a romantic (I blame Beauty & the Beast and Jane Austen). I have always been a person that can throw myself into a good book, blocking out the world and become a part of the story. And that is what I want to share.The idea that stories have the power to take the reader to new and wonderful places. Books are an incredible vehicle that can transport your mind to the past or a different world all together. 

Sharing the stories, the adventures and most importantly the characters I love, is a way for me to express how passionate I am about books. I truly believe that "Books Open Your Mind," whether it is a dystopian adventure or a classic romance. A good book can change the way a person thinks, can challenge and expand their imagination, provide social satire and comedic relief. 

I have been, admittedly, infatuated with Fairy tales, epic adventures and the idea of "Prince Charming." since I was a little girl. But as it turns out "real life" and "fiction" are two sides of the same coin. One is always responsible for inspiring the other. Throughout history, writers have pulled aspects of reality--moments from their own life-- and shaped stories around it. The same, is said to be true for taking life lessons and morals from a novel. Because even though, the tale says a "giant lumberjack had a blue ox" as a buddy. doesn't mean there wasn't a man that did great things.
"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish.

So my plan for 2016 is to read at least one new book every month and write a review/book talk about it. But between the monthly reviews I want to write a weekly post about a book, poem, or passage/article from my past/present that has inspired me in some way or write about a topic that is relatable to the literary community. Whether that is a movie or TV adaptation of a book or a new book being released.

For now, I say good night and hope that the my random ramblings have peeked your inner bookworm. 
~BL


No comments:

Post a Comment